FAQs - eDrawings for Mac
Download and Installation
From where can I download eDrawings Viewer for Mac?
You can download eDrawings Viewer for Mac here.
How do I install eDrawings Viewer for Mac?
1. Download the disk image file (*.dmg).
2. After the download completes, open the disk image file to mount it for installation.
3. When the disk image is mounted, you will see the following installation dialog.
4. Drag eDrawings to your hard disk. You can choose the location, but a typical location is the Applications folder in the Dock.
5. After copying is complete, the eDrawings icon will be shown in your chosen location - click on this to launch the app.
Which editions of Mac OS are supported for use with eDrawings?
For the latest on OS support, please refer to the System Requirements page here.
Is eDrawings Professional available for Mac?
eDrawings Professional is not available for Mac.
Why do I receive the warning the following warning: "SolidWorks eDrawings can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."?
In OS X Lion v10.7.5 and newer, Gatekeeper may prevent the app from opening.
There are two ways to solve this:
- Open the app from its shortcut menu; see here for more information.
- Change your Gatekeep settings to allow apps downloaded from 'Anywhere' to launch; see here for more information.
Which file types can I open in eDrawings Viewer?
You can open the following file types:
- SOLIDWORKS native files (.sldprt, .slddrw, .sldasm)
- eDrawings native files (.edrw, .eprt, .easm)
- DXF/DWG files (.dxf, .dwg)
What must I do to enable the ability to measure files in eDrawings?
eDrawings files (.eprt/.easm/.edrw) saved from SOLIDWORKS: the Okay to measure option must be enabled at the time the file was saved in SOLIDWORKS.
eDrawings files (.eprt/.easm/.edrw) 'Saved as' a copy from eDrawings: the Enable measure option must be checked at the time the file is saved in eDrawings. This option will only be available if the original file was measure-enabled.
SOLIDWORKS files (.sldprt/.sldasm/.slddrw): only files last saved with a SOLIDWORKS Professional or Premium license can be measured in eDrawings Viewer. In eDrawings Professional, measure is available regardless of the SOLIDWORKS license used when saving the file.
Other files (.dxf/.dwg): measure cannot be enabled in these files on eDrawings Viewer for Mac.
Can I open eDrawings executable (.exe) or .html files using eDrawings Viewer for Mac?
No, executable and .html eDrawings files can only be opened on Windows PCs since the file contains an embedded version of the eDrawings Viewer application.
How do I report a problem with eDrawings for Mac?
You can report problems on the Report a Problem page. Please try to include a detailed description of the problem.